Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Apparently this Dude's Brain is Lucid.



Some asshole customer asked me what "lucid" means last night. I use the word all the time, but I had to sit there for a minute to come up with a definition. Finally I came up with a synonym, "translucent." I smiled, proud of myself for coming up with a word that I felt best described the other, and looked at him for recognition.

Dude gave the a look like I was the dumbest human being on the planet. He blankly stared at me and was like "well I guess I can find out later, it doesn't matter anyway." He gave me a $4 tip and walked out of my life, but not out of my head!

umm hello asshole! I just told you what it means! Come back here! I'm not stupid, right? Or am I? All night it drove me crazy. I'm not THAT stupid, am I?! Did I just give this guy an incorrect estimation of word trivia?! It boiled and turmoiled in my mind; all through the night I rolled around with nightmares of dictionaries being hurled at my head by this asshole customer. "TAKE THAT, DUMB WAITRESS! HOW COULD I EXPECT SUCH A FEEBLE MINDED GIRL WORKING SUCH A HORRIBLE JOB TO KNOW ANYTHING!"

So I woke up today and looked it up first thing:

Copy and paste from translucent:

2. easily understandable; LUCID: a translucent explication.

Copy and paste from lucid:

    Easily understood; intelligible.
    Mentally sound; sane or rational.
    Translucent or transparent.


take that, asshole! I was right. GAWD!

No comments:

Post a Comment